2010年7月31日星期六

Blog writing #8 ----The MIT Museum

Blog writing #8

Ji Mengzhu (Kelly)

07/31/2010

This week, we visit the MIT museum which is located in Boston. It is the most fantastic and amazing trip I have seen. This is because I appreciate a lot of exhibitions in terms of science like different Roberts in this museum. I feel that the purpose of MIT museum is to the creative energy of MIT, and to stimulate an understanding and appreciation of the meanings of scientific and technological innovation in the modern world. According to the introduction of interpreter, she tells us that “Recently expanded by 5,000 square feet, the Museum's galleries present ongoing and changing exhibitions on science and technology and current research; architecture and design; and oceanography, underwater robotics and ship design. People will find high-tech artifacts, prototypes, intriguing scientific instruments, historic photographs, amazing holograms, a scientific aquarium, and even ingenious kinetic sculptures”. Besides, what I am interested is that the clock in the MIT museum. This is because it is different from our traditional clock, signing one, two, and three and so on. To my surprise, this special clock uses the chemical element, such as H, Hi, and Li and so on to represent the time. I like it very much, because I think that this idea is quite creative. Therefore, I like this trip very much and I think this trip is the most interesting and meaningful trip from the whole summer course.

没有评论:

发表评论